Wednesday, February 24, 2010

week 1 (revision)

We where divided into groups of three Chels, Mel and myself we had to plan out 3 simple individual portraits.
Working with Chels and my assistant Mel. It was easy to form an idea as Chels wanted a new profile facebook image, the Style is simple and clean. With Chels being my model I wanted to emphasis the quirky aurora through the image but at the same time keep the image very simple business style shot. I shot the portrait in a head & shoulders crop with the background lit with a P70 dish and sat but a stool to get he shadow effect on the background I wasnt super stoked with the results but of the shapes so ill look for something different in the future. As for lighting her face i went with 2 16'' soft boxes at 50deg from each out to give an evan light and getting mell to hold a large foam reflector just above her head and chels to hold a smaller one in her lap I almost achieved no shadows. over all its was a good learning curve and i felt a bit rusty in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment